Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 92




"It is better to be in chains with friends , than to be in a garden with strangers." -Persian Proverb


It’s been a few weeks since my last blog and these are my sins… Well I really don’t have any new sins…same old ones just hanging around (smile). Life just seems to have gotten in the way and I have not been able to sit down and blog. I guess I can take this a good thing, I no longer run to my computer trying to get out the demons that had me afraid of turning fifty. I now have a million wonderful thoughts that I want to share with anyone willing to listen. I’ve recently been thinking about friends again and how you don’t immediately know why they’re in your life. I have friends that have taught me so much about myself. The older friends help me to remember who I was and still am. The newer ones help me to fine tune who I’ve become. Where would I be without you? Once again I am wrapped in memories of good times and warm feelings. I am so happy to have friends that have stood the test of time and continue hold a place in my life. I’m excited as well about new friends that are teaching me things and opening my life up to new views. I just read this, “The conventional wisdom is that good friendships enhance an individual's sense of happiness and overall well-being. But a number of solid studies support the notion that strong social supports improve a woman’s prospects for good health and longevity”. Well, if this study stands correct thanks to all of you I will be around for a very long time. So, I'm sending this as my open love letter to all of my friends…. Thank you for making me who I am and for helping me to become who I want to be. I will be here to support you in your journeys and always be here for you. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment