Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 60




“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust (French Novelist and Author, 1871-1922)


I’ve mentioned before my love of travel in a earlier blog. I want to see as much of the world as I can. I’m fascinated by peoples day to day lives, how they live, what they eat, all that "they" see as mundane thrills me. In Paris I ate crepes, shopped at Marks &  Spencer, and browsed antique shops and museums. In Jamaica I ate Jerk Pork, shopped at the craft market and climbed Dunns River and devoured the beach. I want to experience everything. The smells, the sights, the sounds. I don’t have to cross waters to experience any of this; it can be as close as a subway ride away. It can be as close as opening my eyes... I am actually starting to realize that lately my life has become a voyage. I am discovering the most exciting adventure….me. I am getting to know myself again and I'm feeling so comfortable sharing my discovery with the world at large. I think I stopped seeing myself as interesting. I let one day blend into the next, one year to the next. I stopped being my own adventure. It’s so easy to just accept and close your eyes. It’s easy to let your world turn gray. I’m starting to see my world in color once again. I’m starting to see what’s been there all along. It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to celebrate myself and find as much fascination in me as I do on a distant voyage. I think I will hold off on renewing my passport…I’m my own adventure for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment