Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 59




“Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.” ~ Garrison Keillor


I’ve always considered myself a lucky person. I’ve never won lotto or a contest and the most I’ve won in Las Vegas was $50. Somehow, I have come to think of any setback as a way to take inventory, another way reason to make a list. Is luck getting what the other person has? Is luck having your wildest dreams come true? I don’t think so. Maybe real luck is learning to appreciate what we already have. Luck is appreciating the gifts that are given to us every day. Those gifts given without having asked for them. Seeing beyond the tangible to the place that is fulfilled by what we overlook… that’s real luck. Sometimes we keep expecting something big to happen and in doing that we stop seeing what’s right there. Our luck is our luck. It’s what makes us unique. It’s not what we read or see other people experiencing it’s what ” we” have, and being able to see that is what makes me feel lucky. I wouldn’t give up a minute of the past 49 years, or change my luck. Every second was filled with the luck that brought me here. I am consciously making the decision to see my luck and live it. I’ll still carry my lucky coins and maybe even purchase a rabbits foot, but all the luck I need I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment