Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 57




If anyone has read even one my blogs you know I am a lover of quotes. I do so hope that one day something I say will be quoted as a pearl of wisdom :-). Yesterday while looking for a quote I found that there were just so many on the topic of "change" that I loved. I eventually picked one but couldn’t let go of these. Please accept this gift of quotes. I hope that they put a smile on your face, conjure a new thought or answer a question. I try to never forget that we already have all the answers that we need, sometimes we just need a jolt to find them. Quotes have done that for me from time to time, they've helped me find the pieces in my head.  Enjoy!!




Growth is a painful process.~Wilma Mankiller


Most people can look back over the years and identify a time and place at which their lives changed significantly. Whether by accident or design, these are the moments when, because of a readiness within us and collaboration with events occurring around us, we are forced to seriously reappraise ourselves and the conditions under which we live and to make certain choices that will affect the rest of our lives.~ Frederick F. Flack


Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.~ John C. Maxwell


Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. ~ Barack Obama


The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. ~ Carl Rogers


The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.~ W. E. B. Du Bois


To change one's life, start immediately, do it flamboyantly, no exceptions. ~ William James


The future has a way of arriving unannounced. ~George Will


If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong.~ Charles Kettering

No comments:

Post a Comment